Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Sprinklers Galore

Today we had a little adventure at the sprinkler park in Collierville with our FTM friends, and oh, what fun! Helen Grace was very timid at first- I think because of the cold water- so she hung out around the drain with the little ones until she got brave. Then she started dragging me around by the finger and watching the bigger kids run through the sprinklers. After a quick snack break, she was ready to go and walked directly into the sprinkers! I was happily surprised, although she does love the shower so I shouldn’t have been. Her favorite was one that looked like a rainbow with several arched beams that would go through a ‘rainstorm’ of water speed. She would run into the water spray (with me following behind by the finger), turn around and run right out, and let out this loud, high-pitched squeal. I had to turn her toward me to see her face to make sure that the squeal was one of DELIGHT and not fear, but she had a ball and got completely soaked. I look forward to spending a lot of time there this summer!

Afterward, we went over to Mary’s house to enjoy some pizza, mama fellowship, and craft making for Father’s Day. Thank goodness for Mary’s creativity or else poor John would have had a boring, store-bought card/craft for both his first Valentine’s and this Father’s Day!

Even in the last day or so, Helen Grace has started walking much more often on her own, and she is getting so good at it. She will go all the way across the room now and seems to do better if she has something in her hands to distract her. I love watching that little waddle! Tonight, before bedtime, she gave me her normal kisses but got a wild hair and started laughing, shrieking, and hugging me really tight over and over and over. We probably both have concussions from all her bouncing and giggling, and I think I have lost a little hearing. John and I just couldn’t stop laughing at her crazy behavior. She must have stolen some sips from my Diet Coke today- ha! Helen Grace always keeps us entertained!CIMG5420 CIMG5421 CIMG5422 CIMG5423  CIMG5425 CIMG5426 CIMG5427CIMG5431CIMG5433 CIMG5434 CIMG5435 CIMG5436 CIMG5437CIMG5439

No comments: