Thursday, November 26, 2009

Cornucopia of Thanks

Happy Thanksgiving! I took on a Facebook challenge this month to update my status every day with something for which I was thankful. It seemed a little overwhelming at first, but I sat down and started jotting things down and realized I could go on and on and on. The Lord has blessed me in so many ways, and I am eternally grateful. Let the thanks giving begin!

  • I am thankful for John and his unending patience, love, and laughter.
  • I am thankful for the Lord from whom all blessings flow.
  • I am thankful for a happy, healthy baby that sleeps well and has brought so much joy to our lives.
  • I am thankful for parents who love me unconditionally and have sacrificed so that I can have every opportunity. Such inspirations.
  • I am thankful for my mother-in-law and god-mother-in-law keeping Helen Grace and teaching her new things each day. I am blessed to have in-laws who really are my family too and love me as their own.
  • I am thankful for true friends, especially those who have shared a room- and life!- with me even when I was a brat.
  • I am thankful for stories from Bubba and GG and generations before us- the world was so different for them. Where would we be without their foundation set for us and their guidance, love, and support?
  • I am thankful to be a woman born in this era with so many opportunities.
  • I am thankful for vaccines to protect our children from diseases that used to kill hundreds of thousands of innocent people.
  • I am thankful for my college education...and the fun I had and the friends I made while getting it.
  • I am thankful for a good pair of eyes due to a successful LASIK years ago. Still can't believe I went through with it, but it has changed my life!
  • I am thankful to have a job and one where I am able to help others find one as well. Also, one where I can work part-time and am able to watch my baby girl grow.
  • I am thankful for being reminded I need my *daily* bread- and for John for making a Praise Baby cd for my car. Some days that's the only way I get it!
  • I am thankful to have a roof over my head and food in my tummy.
  • I am thankful for fall leaves and sunshine.
  • I am thankful for and blessed by my FTM group. I learn so much from each one of you!
  • I am thankful for a king sized bed...and kitties that sleep on top of me even with all that room. Life wouldn’t be the same without Rebel and MoMo.

No comments: