Thursday, October 22, 2009

Sweet Moment

Helen Grace and I had a very sweet moment yesterday morning. I was giving her her morning bottle, and toward the end, she can slip into her milk coma. She had been holding my finger, but I had to get out of her grip to put the bottle down when she fell asleep. After I set it down, I picked her hand back up again to hold it for a few more minutes, and a smile spread across her face. What a beautiful gift!

We have had a great week. On Wednesday, we had a fun morning with our favorite First Time Moms and babies and then a delicious and refreshing lunch date with my friend, Tran, and her daughter, Ava. That night we got to spend some fun QT with John since he doesn’t have soccer practice on Wednesdays. Geggy (Peggy, John’s godmother) had an outpatient knee surgery today, and Helen Grace entertained her this afternoon while Geggy recuperated in bed. Then, tonight HG and I ate dinner with Spif and Granddaddy. Tomorrow we are going to Oxford for HG’s first time at the Delta Gamma house and to meet her friend (and one day pledge sister) Pierce Randall. My friend, Jessica, who used to work with me at Vaco but moved to Nashville last year, will also be in Oxford tomorrow, so we are looking forward to a fun visit! Also can’t wait to take some pics at the Episcopal Church’s pumpkin patch! I’ve waited over 10 years to take my baby there! Larry, Carmella, and Thomas Mullins are in town all weekend, so we’re looking forward to good times with old friends.

Here are some pics from our week.

CIMG3258CIMG3265Kisses from the daddy! You get them whether you like it or not, baby girl! :)CIMG3270John is so relieved…this child is FASCINATED by soccer on tv. She is obviously her father’s child. I snapped this pic on Tuesday morning. She was dressed and ready to go to Grandma’s, and she was watching soccer as she waited on her daddy to get ready. She was kicked back (caught her in mid yawn) and mesmerized. She also loves ESPN. I’m telling myself that it’s because of the bright colors and flashes of light and not that I’m losing my girly girl to sports and ESPN already. I have a feeling I am going to be outnumbered in my household. CIMG3255

1 comment:

Angela said...

don't worry- Allison loves to watch football, and yet she still loves babies, purses, jewelry and hairbows!