Thursday, October 15, 2009

Seeing Orange…and not UT!

We are in full Halloween mode at the Toohig house! Spif ordered all kinds of cute fall outfits online a few weeks ago, and they just arrived. We are making sure to get a lot of use out of them before the end of the month.

Helen Grace wore this cute number to First Time Moms on Wednesday…and then proceeded to throw up ALL OVER IT and every bib and burp cloth we had with us- and me! (At least I got some cute pics before the puking began.) Whew, needless to say, we came straight home, and I stripped her down to her diaper and she stayed that way for the rest of the day. The afternoon wasn’t much better. She must have had a headache or tummy ache. Man, I was hoping for earplugs by dinnertime. We finally got her to sleep, and we’ve had a much better day today.

CIMG3227CIMG3229CIMG3230 

Despite valiant attempts, I still have not witnessed HG roll over. Boooo! But one fun new development…just tonight, with her Daddy’s coaching, Helen Grace is starting to figure out blowing raspberries! While it’s adorable, I’m already dreading the spit that’s coming our way soon! :)

This weekend, we are walking/running in the Girls Inc. Bash Dash, getting some new pics of HG taken by Jennifer Carroll, and visiting with Aunt Glo. Fun weekend!

P.S. While I LOVE having a girl and getting her all decked out, I wasn’t prepared for dressing a baby girl when it’s COLD outside. There are too many layers! Leggings, onesie, dress, bloomers, shoes…what?!

P.P.S. One other thing I have recently come across that I wasn’t prepared for…when HG was around 4 months old, my hair started falling out. Like bad enough it clogged up our shower. I never really noticed my hair getting thicker during pregnancy, but apparently it did and it’s now falling out. From all moms I’ve talked to, this is completely normal, and my sweet hairdresser, Jan, keeps telling me it will stop and my hair will be fine. I’m counting on you, Jan! Also, I have new cowlicks and waves. It’s driving me batty! Hope those will go away at some point- stay tuned for more hair drama updates.

1 comment:

Angela said...

Those outfits are adorable!! I remember it being SO FRUSTRATING with both kids to get them all dressed up only to have them throw up everywhere! Allison lived in her sleepers last year b/c it was cold, she was throwing up and it just wasn't worth it!