Saturday, October 24, 2009

Little Delta Darlin’

Helen Grace visited the glorious, big white house on the hill yesterday, and I hope one day she will call it her own. The girls oohed and aahed over her, and she just ate up all the attention! Here are some pics from our day in God’s Country, a.k.a. Oxford.

HG’s first time on the Delta Gamma front porch….where her mama and her aunties consumed many a chicken on a stick after a fun night on the Square, where I piled on top of Auntie Em for a pledge class pic on our very first Bid Day, where Russell threw rocks at Aunt Whitney’s window, where we “studied” on gorgeous afternoons while snacking on yogurt, where poor Will got tarred and feathered after “dropping” Aunt Reba, where Aunt Whitney and I boohooed when we had to move out on graduation day. I could go on and on!CIMG3275During Rush my freshmen year, I was “preffed” in this chair in the Founders Room. My parents also gave me a graduation gift there my senior year. It is a very sentimental place for me, and I fully intend to pull out this pic when Helen Grace is going through Rush!CIMG3274Helen Grace got to meet Pierce Randall (my friend Liz’s daughter), both of whom Liz and I hope will be in the 2026 DG Pledge Class!CIMG3277And I finally got a pic of my baby in St. John’s pumpkin patch! It was FREEZING, so we were working quickly for these pics! CIMG3281CIMG3282CIMG3286

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Those two precious legacies sure look comfortable at the DG House!! I know they will have as much fun in that house as their moms did!!