Sunday, March 15, 2009

Busy Weekend

Helen Grace's furniture has arrived!!! AND we survived our first parenting class this weekend!

I had been told that the all-day labor and delivery course at the hospital didn't include infant CPR and that we needed to go to a separate half-day class for that info. But when we walked into the classroom on Saturday morning, and we had a plastic baby, diapers, and a baby blanket in our chairs, we started thinking that something wasn't right...they actually include about 10 minutes of infant CPR in the Expectant Parents class, and the rest of the three hours is spent on feeding, burping, bathing, changing diapers, and loads of other *fun* stuff. The nurses that taught it were hilarious and made it fun, and John at least did a good job of acting like he wasn't bored to tears.

After our class, we grabbed a quick bite and headed home to meet the furniture guys- and ran into them as they turned into the neighborhood! They were in and out in 10 minutes. I highly recommend Bartlett Home Furnishings, and I LOVE the furniture! Kosta is coming to paint the room next weekend and we still have half of the guest room furniture in there, so please excuse the mess...but here's a sneak peak! And a pic of my Helen Grace bump this week...

26.5 Weeks





2 comments:

Courtney Rogers said...

Mama Dot said "Oh I bet that is the baby's furniture" when they arrived! It's very pretty!

Morgan Holt said...

The furniture is just beautiful. I can't wait to see the whole finished product. Oh...and girl, you look great! I feel like I was a huge cow compared to you when I was pregnant. Although, the second time around, I got bigger faster so maybe that's where my memory is coming from. :) Glad you are still doing well!