Thursday, February 5, 2009

21 Weeks

Can you believe we are over halfway there? I am almost a little sad. I love having this little baby growing inside me, especially now that she is wiggling around. But I know it will truly be a blessing to hold her in my arms! John and I have been having a color war for the nursery...I want to keep it the blue that it already it; he thinks pink is the only option for a girl's room...so it will be pink! I had to make a minor shift in my thoughts for bedding, but it's not too hard to get into the pink frame of mind. :) I hope to get some fabric samples in the mail tomorrow that will seal the deal. I am trying to calm myself down as we try to find furniture for the nursery. It's a constant battle to not think about it 24/7- these baby hormones are a force to be reckoned with! I am almost exclusively wearing maternity pants now. It's not the cutest option but definitely the most comfortable. We've set the dates for our parenting classes in March, and we're starting to think about taking a little weekend getaway sometime in the spring. Any ideas? Somewhere within a few hours' drive and some place that would be nice, slow, and laidback. Also, we hope to do some car shopping next week, so little princess Helen Grace will be riding in spiffy, new, safe carriage with less than 100,000 miles. So much to do in so little time!

4 comments:

Brandy Mattice said...

Yay for the new carriage. Can't wait to see what you get. We went to St. Louis for a weekend before Remle was born. It was a blast. I'm really glad you're doing that, it will be nice to look back on. So they say about maternity clothes: the 1st baby you wear them before you have to, the 2nd baby you wear them although you hate to, the 3rd baby, well you never stopped wearing them after the 2nd! Ha! I know that isn't the case for you, but it could have easily been for me. Halfway is such a big deal. Hope you get to eat something really good to celebrate! Love you and baby Helen!

Angela said...

If you take Brandy's advice about St. Louis YOU BETTER COME SEE US!!!

Morgan Holt said...

Oh Sha! I love the little name for your sweet girl. It's perfect and I know she'll love it. I hope you are doing well. Sounds like being a mommy is second nature for you. You'll do great and everything will indeed get done. Maybe a nice bed and breakfast that is relatively close would be ideal for relaxation before the baby? Not sure which one though now that Bonne Terre closed!

Just Jenn said...

Hot Springs is not that far and should be relaxing! Congrats again!!!