Friday, February 2, 2018

Toohig Tidbits: From the Mouth of Babes

“She’s stress eating.” – HG about Cressey

“Mama, I said a bad word to the alarm clock this morning….’shut up.’” – HG

The next morning while laying on my bathroom floor. “Mama, this is crucial (brutal).”

I was trying to get Cressey to follow me into her room and I started counting to warn her. “One…” and Cressey proudly and excitedly said, “Two!!”

HG was eating Ramen noodles. Spiffer stole one to give to Cressey and said to HG, “I’m only taking ONE.” Cressey piped up, “Two!”

When my Sonic burger was prepared incorrectly, HG said, “Well, what do you expect when you’ve got teenagers making it?”

“Mama, you taught me well. To love chocolate and not to have bumps in your ponytail.”

While we were riding in the car, HG said, “You raised me well, and I can tell when you’re lying. Tell me the truth- do you do some of Santa’s work?”

HG said she couldn’t wait to be a mom. I told her, “You’ll be a fabulous mom!” She replied, “Because I have a fabulous mom!”

I read recently (and shared with HG) that if you stand up to a bully for 8 seconds, they’ll usually back down and go away. HG proudly told me the next day that she kept talking for TEN seconds to someone who was picking on a friend and they backed off. She was so happy with herself!

On December 6th, Cressey popped HG, and I made her apologize and asked her to say ‘I love you.’ It was the first time that Cressey repeated ‘I love you.’

On December 8th, we were all at the barn. HG’s teacher was bringing her home, so Cress and I were waving bye to HG on her horse in the ring. Cress piped up with blowing a kiss and saying ‘bye bye!’ HG swooned so bad that she just about fell off her horse!

“For a pretty girl, she sure cries ugly!” – HG on Snow White

On January 8th, I picked up Cressey from Mullins, and her teacher told me a funny story about how Cress and a boy were fighting over a toy. The teacher told her, “Cressey, use your words.” Cressey squared her shoulders, turned to him, and screamed, “WORDS!”

On January 14th, Cress and HG were playing in the dining room together. HG came running to me, threw her arms around me with tears in her eyes, and said, “Thank you for having my sister. I love her so much!”

No comments: