Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Not Again…

On February 17th, at 32 weeks and 2 days, I finally had my follow up appointment with Dr. Samson and learned that I do, unfortunately, have gestational diabetes again. Cressey weighs 5 pounds 4 ounces (75th percentile, and only one more ounce than HG weighed when she was born at 36 weeks), and her abdominal circumference was in the 95th perecentile. Through my tears, Dr. Samson tried to reassure me that nothing I did caused this, so I have to keep repeating that to myself. Now I’m on a strict diabetic diet and am testing my blood sugar four times a day. So far, I’ve been pretty on target with my levels, so I hope to cut back to testing two times a day soon. And I’m looking at the bright side of slowing down weight gain in this last trimester too! I got these cute profile pics of Cressey that day. At least one of us was laughing! Her heart rate was 155, good and strong.

2016-02-17 16.40.13

2016-02-17 16.40.29

Two days later, I saw Dr. Neblett for my check up, and he was really happy with my low blood pressure. Because I was upset about my gestational diabetes news, he reminded me of how hard it was to get this baby girl here so not to worry about her weight- it was already predetermined, and she would be just fine and healthy. While he was listening for her heartbeat, she kicked him right in the doppler machine. He laughed and said, “I think I’ll just step away now!”

Thirty-three weeks has brought a TON of hiccups, night and day. While I was laying in her bed one night, Cressey started up the hiccups, and HG was able to feel them. She thought that was so funny!

I’m also noticing numbness in my arms at times, which apparently is common around this time in pregnancy due to your tissues retaining fluid. My feet are still swelling late in the day, and it’s getting hard to get a full, deep breath. I feel awfully full!

We’ve been discussing Cressey’s arrival date, and I’m really stuck on an even day since April is an even month and 2016 is an even year. That got us talking about HG’s birthday being odd as May 25th, so now she refers to herself as an “odd baby.” Not quite what we meant but pretty funny to hear!

No comments: