Friday, April 12, 2013

Toohig Tidbits

Her daddy gives her “sweaty” {slobbery} kisses, and while she’ll be screaming, “Stop it, Daddy; stop it! No more sweaty kisses,” she’ll be laughing her head off and hugging him closer.

While we were driving around the other day, she was looking out the window and gasped- “Mommy, I see God’s feet handing out of the clouds!!”

She’s really into clothes these days. When I come out in a work outfit, she’ll say, “Oh, Mommy, I love your beautiful shirt!” She and I have been butting heads lately when it’s time to get dressed, so I have finally thrown up the white flag of surrender. Yesterday as we got ready to go to church school, I just let her pick it all out. She chose an orange and white polka dot dress, a red (then later a cream) bow, and pink shoes with cherries on them. I was able to slow change out pieces of it as her stubborn will worn down. Whew!

Her saying lately has been, “What in the earth?!”

Helen Grace had her first full optometry check up today and did SO WELL. She has been to my appointments with me over the years, and the doctor has kind of looked her eyes over before but thought it’d be good to go ahead and check her out before school started. She was a very willing participant as long as there were no eye drops involved, and luckily, the doc agreed to push off drops for one more year. She sat in my lap and did everything that was asked of her- put your chin here, hold your head still, don’t touch this but hold this, look at this light, tell me this letter/picture/number, etc. She was a tad far sighted, but overall, her vision was great. We will have to consult with Aunt/Dr. Emmy, but from what I could understand, as her eye continues to grow, her vision could likely improve. Seems like she won’t be extremely near sighted like her blind-as-a-bat mama and may have gotten her daddy’s golden vision!

She and I ate lunch at Trolley Stop Market last week, and she entertained herself throughout the entire wait by pretending in this ‘kitchen’ and making lunch for me.chefDinner with Baby Addison baby addisonShe asked me to take this pic to send to Daddy.playground1 She put all the kids in her class down for a nap. (Are you noticing a pretending theme trending here?!)baby dolls Breakfast at the Toohigsbreakfast Meeting Farrah Hudson for the first timefarrah

I overheard her singing along with the music in the bathroom at a restaurant over the weekend and realized she knew the words to Pink’s “Try.” I was shocked! She sang a little bit of it for me later. “You gotta get up and try and try and try…” At least it’s a good message!

No comments: