Friday, April 19, 2013

Spring Dance Recital Pics

Last night, in the middle of a literal monsoon, Helen Grace had her pictures for her spring dance recital coming up in May. We weren’t able to make it to her Nutcracker pictures last November (I believe we were out of town), so I was really anxious to get these done. I have such fun, vivid memories of my dance pictures as a child (although my mom might have a different story). I remember being so excited-  a big photo shoot set up in the dance studio; big, bright lights; lots of hairspray, lipstick, and {itchy} tulle; shadowing my teacher’s poses with a little cane or hat. My dance pictures still hang in my mama’s house, and I love seeing my chubby little legs and perfect hair do, proudly posing in my sequined outfit. (For the record, the actual performances scared me to death with all those bright lights and people staring at me, but thankfully, HG seems to love being the center of attention.)

And I was not disappointed with this photo shoot 25 years later! One of HG’s friends took her class’ pics earlier this week and was in a yellow outfit, so I tried to prepare HG that her outfit might not be pink or purple. She somehow set her mind that her outfit would be ‘rainbow,’ so when the lady handed her this little number last night, she was THRILLED- pink and purple rainbow!

She was a dream child- easy to get dressed and stood patiently while we waited forever for her turn. Then she posed and smiled and titled her head with every bit of direction and was tickled pink with herself. I was dying of the cuteness overload!

Eventually, she let me take the outfit off, and we headed home in the wild weather to celebrate her daddy’s 35th birthday.  dance pics2 dance pics3 dance pics4 dance pics5

Happy that her daddy let her handle the candle-blowing-outjohn's 35th

No comments: