Thursday, January 24, 2013

Toohig Tidbits: Part 2

According to Helen Grace, she doesn’t want to have babies anytime soon because, “Babies are boring to watch. They are a lot of work. You gotta feed them and clean them, and they cry.”

Her rebuttal to *everything* we say is “’cept.” And when I say everything, I mean everything. “’Cept I don’t want to go. ‘Cept I need to brush my teeth. ‘Cept I’m not ready yet. ‘Cept I need to finish this show.”

At Granddaddy and Spiffer’s the other day, she walked in the den and asked GD to put some “rock ‘n roll” on the tv and then proceeded to have a big dance party.

She is saying the most grown up phrases… “You’ve lost your mind!” “You can’t get that song out of your head, can you?”

When she was in the bathtub one night, she looked at me and said, “Why you gotta be so bossy, Mama??” I responded that it was my job to keep her clean, fed, and rested, to which she told me that she didn’t need to take a bath, eat, or sleep. Riiiiight.

She’s been calling kangaroos ‘hop-a-roos’ lately.

When she spent the night at Granddaddy and Spiffer’s last weekend, she kept them in stitches.

  • To GD, “’You get what you get, and you don’t throw a fit.’ I learned that at school.”
  • To Spiffer, “That’s my good girl!”
  • To Spiffer about her baby doll, “I’m starting to cry happy tears. She’s getting so big I can’t even hold her.”

One morning on the way to Grandma’s, John was aggravating her, and she yelled at him, “When we get to Grandma’s, you need to go to the bathroom and get a spanking!”

Getting out of the car at a birthday party, I told her she better not take that bad attitude to the party with her. She responded, “It goes with me, Mama.”

She can now take her own shirt off, so she is completely self sufficient when it comes to getting dressed, from head to toe.

I told her to stop growing, she’s getting too big. She said, “No, Mommy! God does me that way!”

We’ve had her first mean kid incident at school- a boy pulling her hair and saying he didn’t want to play with her on the playground. She didn’t even mention it for a day or so until she got upset about something else, and then all the tears came out. “Mommy, you weren’t there to tell him to be sweet! I was all by myself, and no one wanted to play with me.” I was utterly heartbroken- the first time someone else has really hurt her feelings and made her cry- and I {irrationally} wanted to do nothing but  kick the kid in the face. Her main teacher wasn’t there that day, and the assistant teacher didn’t comfort her/respond like her teacher probably would have. And to further complicate the matter, poor Helen Grace has had a myriad of responses from ‘her people.’ Grandma saying that he probably just thought her hair was pretty and wanted to touch it. Just say ‘No, don’t do that!’ very loudly and go tell the teacher. I told her that she didn’t have to deal with mean people and just tell him to stop and walk away like it didn’t bother her. And her daddy told her to punch him square in the face. What are we going to do with him?!??! Or HER if she follows her daddy’s plan of action?!?! Let’s hope this was an isolated incident because this mama’s heart can’t take it!

Daddy helping her perfect her Angry Birds skillsangry birdsWe were boring her at brunch, so she took my phone and entertained herself.bored This is what happens when you fight a nap until dinnertime. She passed out in the car, and I was able to transport her to the couch. She luckily still went to sleep at a decent time.late napSee food! Be careful what you ask for when you ask what she’s eating!see food This is the face I got when I told her last week that we were having lunch with Lawson. This was after she jumped up and down for a few minutes.lawson faceAwww, won’t this be so cute at their rehearsal dinner one day?!lawson date Look who ENJOYED her first haircut! I had to promise that she would still have long hair like ‘Punzel.haircut1.1 She got up into the chair willingly, let Danielle put the cape on, spray it, and even straighten it a bit- although she startled at the heat at first. Can’t hurt that she got to look in a mirror the whole time. She’s never met a mirror she didn’t like!haircut1 haircut2 She had a slumber party at Spiffer and Granddaddy’s last Friday night, and Mama and Daddy got to see a movie and SLEEP. It was really nice for us to recharge, and this girl got even more spoiled with a movie night of her own- princess sleeping bag, popcorn, and Cinderella 2& 3!slumber party On Saturday, we had a princess party for Daily, and since I got the time wrong somehow, we showed up two hours early. HG might have a future in party planning because she helped Brandy and I decorate the cake, stuff the  balloon pinatas, and get the place together- all during her normal naptime and without any breakdowns! The REAL Princess Belle (said with at least 2 or 3 syllables by Princess HG) came to the party- can you believe it?!princess party She even stayed awake through a family dinner at Newk’s and trip to Gracie Bleu, with minimal toddler moments. The wear was starting to show though.gma hugLate one night this weekend, as John came downstairs from his office to our bedroom, he discovered this pile of abandoned animals and a trail to our room.bottom of stairsFamily dinner fun at Colton’s. This balloon lady seems to be everywhere we eat in OB!coltons

No comments: