Thursday, December 27, 2012

Here Comes Santa!

Well, Helen Grace *must* have been on Santa’s nice list this year, because as she says, “He heard me! He heard I wanted a pink dollhouse!” Santa has earned a hard core believer after this year’s holiday season.

She slept in our bed that night and woke up around 7:15 a.m. with the first words out of her mouth being, “Has Santa come yet? I’m really tired of waiting.” She was very excited with her loot, and she played ALL DAY with her dollhouse and princess Barbies. She has also really enjoyed the Hello Kitty CD player with the Disney Princess CD. She’ll turn on the CD and get to playing house. Too cute.

We had a pretty low key day around the house, and we spent most of it in our pjs. Spiffer and Granddaddy brought over breakfast and checked out all of HG’s loot, and later Grandma and Peggy came over to help me get the turkey ready. For the record, all I did was put it in my oven so I don’t deserve any of the credit, but after Grandma’s tutorial, I am realizing that baking the turkey might be do-able for me in years to come.

At one point in the afternoon, HG asked for Ramen noodles, and John and I found her sitting at her spot in the dining room in her pajamas eating Ramen noodles with her little Reed & Barton flatware. We busted out laughing when we saw her, and she looked at us like, “What in the world is so funny?”

Then our family came over for dinner around 5:00 p.m. in the pouring rain. We spent a lot of time chatting around the dinner table, and since William was here, we had a lively time at the kids’ table to make up for his absence at Thanksgiving. We had a great night celebrating Christmas with our family…and then Grandma’s car got stuck in our yard, and Granddaddy hit a deer in Spiffer’s car on the way home. Everyone was safe and fine, but by the end of it, we all needed a stiff drink! Here’s to car safety in 2013!

CF6C6623

IMG_3415 IMG_3428 IMG_3429CF6C6697 reed & bartonCF6C6735 CF6C6739

No comments: