Wednesday, December 19, 2012

First School Christmas Party

On Tuesday, Helen Grace had her first school Christmas party, and being the cheesy and not-wanting-to-miss-a-minute mama that I am, of course I had to be there. Thankfully, Helen Grace was equally as excited that I was coming to the party- so glad she’s not embarrassed of me yet. She was in the bathroom when I got there, and when her teacher told her I had arrived, I heard her screaming, “Mammmmaaaa!!!,” from the stall. The kids made reindeer food (oatmeal and glitter) and then decorated a paper bag for it to look like a cute little Rudolph. Also, they covered an ice cream cone with green icing to make a Christmas tree and then trimmed it with M&M’s for ornaments. All of the kids started off grossed out by the hands on, messy project, but once they licked their fingers, it was hard to keep the icing and candy ON the tree. We had some {more} sugary snacks, and when she started running circles around the room with her friends, I decided it was time to get back to work. I had such a good time seeing her at school. I knew that she loved it, but getting to see her excitement in person in her classroom is wonderful. We are so thankful for Mrs. Maureen and Ms. Hannah for fostering her love of learning!

IMG_3258 Working hardIMG_3262“Hmmm, this stuff is GOOD.”IMG_3263 IMG_3270 Getting down to businessIMG_3271 IMG_3273

No comments: