Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Lots of Firsts

First homework assignment- match and color the pumpkinsfirst homework First time out of the house with big girl panties on (to Walgreens)- and NO accidents! I was a nervous wreck though. Thankfully, she waited until we got home to have one. :/ Baby steps.first big girl panty outing First nap with no diaper- and NO accident! Again, I was a nervous wreck, but she was so proud of herself.first nap w no diaper

We are hearing a lot lately from the princess that her name is “Helen” and that things are often “boring.”

One night, I was trying to get her to chill out and get settled in bed, and I said out loud, “Lay down. How many times can I ask you that?” She immediately quipped, “Five or six.”

She’s learned the meaning of “dilly dally” (sometimes she says ‘dilly daddy’), and now she uses the word all the time…or should I say she acts it out.

“Mommy, that fly is having me for lunch!”

She saw a couple the other day and said to me, “They are married.” I asked her how she knew that, and she responded, “Because they kissed. That means they’re married.”

Often, when she’s cranky and tired, I tell her that she is acting that way because she needs a nap, hoping it’ll coax her into going to sleep more easily. Well, she must be listening because when we were watching Princess and the Frog, she said, “That girl needs a nap because she is acting CRAY-zy!”

She loves to tell you that she lives in MississippiMerica, all run together like one word. She’s finally getting the order of city, state, country, but she’ll often get it all mixed up- so cute!

She makes me cry happy tears all the time, and she’s started noticing it and understands that I’m not crying because I’m sad but because I’m overwhelmingly happy. Lately, when she does something she’s proud of, she’ll turn to me and ask, “Mommy, are you going to cry happy tears now?!” with a big smile on her face. :)

No comments: