Sunday, October 21, 2012

Toohig Tidbits

I caught HG laughing like a fool at her daddy the other day. John was pretending to be sleep walking and running into walls, and she was about to bust a gut. She now tries to copy him and run herself into walls and furniture. Her daddy will be taking her to the ER for any accident as a result of this game! But the two of them were having a ball together. :)

 

Spur of the moment on Wednesday afternoon, we headed to the playground to meet Lawson. A little girl there showed HG some new “lessons” (tricks), and while I about had a heart attack, I’m proud of HG for being brave.

playground1 playground2 playground3 playground4

We had awful weather on Wednesday night. I spent a good bit of the tornado watch time in the bathroom in a stalemate with my strong willed child over potty training. For the record, it took her daddy showing some tough love, but we got some tee tee action! Then, I put HG in the bed with us and kept the tv tuned to the news while she wound down. We talked a little bit about tornados, and she was sorely disappointed that we didn’t have to take shelter in the closet. Now she hasn’t stopped asking to go to the Children’s Museum so she can take a better look at the wind tunnel/tornado there. Gah! Anyway, I enjoyed the extra snuggle time with my cuddle bug.

sleep1 Ummm, where is Mama going to sleep?sleep2

While I was sitting across from Helen Grace at the kitchen table Friday morning, I had a moment of ‘where’s my baby girl?’ She’s so big and acts (most of the time) like a little lady. She gets more self sufficient by the minute.

big girl

Saturday morning, we went to a make up dance class at Stars in Motion (the fire truck came to visit her MDO class on Thursday during dance time)  in preparation for their Nutcracker performance in November, and then I dragged her along to the Apple store to fix my iPhone. We grabbed some lunch at Chick-fil-A while we were out, and while she wasn’t excited about it, she minded me and ate all her food before she played. And then she came out of the play room without a fuss (which is unusual) when I asked her to and behaved through a trip to the bathroom. So this was her treat…and maybe Mama got a little treat too….

ice cream

No comments: