Friday, October 19, 2012

Petting Zoo

Today, instead of story time, the Olive Branch library brought in a Happy Times petting zoo. It was a beautiful, sunny day, although a bit windy and a little chilly in the shade, but after our crazy morning with playing car ring-around-the-rosy, Helen Grace and I were hell bent to get there. (John’s car battery was dead this morning, so he took my car to work. Then, Granddaddy picked up HG and me and took us to Grandma’s so we could borrow her van.)

Lawson was there too, so HG enjoyed pulling him around for a bit. She didn’t want to feed the goats and sheep, but she was all over the other animals. She buzzed like a bee from one cage to the next, over and over again. After she knelt down to grind some corn, she got the knees of her pants wet from the damp grass. She was none too pleased about that and wanted to go home to change pants, but I got her distracted by going inside to find a book. (I love that my girl loves to read and has so much fun at the library.) We read a few Halloween and Thanksgiving books, and then she decided she wanted to go to Newk’s for lunch.

As soon as the two of us pulled into Newk’s parking lot, she started asking who we were meeting for lunch. The girl can’t be pleased to just eat with her 'ole mama! She was happy enough though when I said we could eat outside. We had a great time dancing to the shopping center’s music while we ate, and I squeezed in a bunch of hugs and kisses while she flittered around me. Silly girl!

IMG_2817“Nuh huh, I’m not touching that.”IMG_2822 IMG_2830 IMG_2833 IMG_2840 IMG_2841 IMG_2845 IMG_2847 IMG_2853

No comments: