Monday, September 3, 2012

Toohig Tidbits

It’s really sad when your three year old can walk better than you can in your sky high heels…heels Ice cream:  A girl’s best friendice creamWatching football with Spifferwatching footballThe Delta Gammas would be so proud!utensils 

This is baby girl’s yodeling debut…

I’ve realized that at school they sing “God Our Father” as a blessing at lunchtime. She’ll sing it for me on command now, so I caught this to share with you. I’m not quite sure of the version they sing (wink, wink), but it’s still pretty cute and sung with conviction.

John has been under the weather with sinus junk this weekend. Sunday morning, he woke up without his voice. After a few minutes, he decided to go back to bed. Helen Grace went running in the bedroom to “check on him,” and I soon heard her talking in the foyer. I hollered at her to ask her what she was doing (and hopefully keep her out of the bedroom), and she responded, “I’m talking to God, Mama! To make Daddy feel better ‘cause he’s real sick. That makes me happy to tell God about it.” John later told me that she told him to “Just stay right here and God is coming right over to this window {to bring his voice back.}”

I said to her the other night, “You’re so cute!” And she responded, “And I’m funny too!”

When she hugs, she says, “Mmmm mmmmm!” (just like her mama)

When she woke up from a nap at Spiffer’s, she shook her hair behind her and said, “Whoo, my hair’s a sweaty mess!”

She can sing the words to any movie (her favorites now Thumbelina, Sleeping Beauty, and The Lorax), although sometimes she’s insistent that she knows the right words. To Sleeping Beauty’s ‘Once Upon a Dream,’ the correct lyrics are, “The gleam in your eyes is so familiar a gleam,” although HG insists it goes, “The gleam in your eyes to so ugly to me.” She cannot be convinced!

No comments: