Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Friends & Family

I’ve fallen off the blog wagon lately, so let me catch up on our lives for the past few weeks. We’ve had lots of fun with friends and family!

Lunch at Chick-Fil-A with Mary Claire…no scary cow mascots this time!CFA w MC Dinner al fresco at the Hudsons…she and John thought spinning in this chair was the funniest thing ever.hudsonsNaptime snuggles with MoMo. He’s officially lost his mind to be sleeping this close to her.momo cuddles Sharing Gracie Bleu with BubbaGB w bubba All smiles with DaddyGB w daddy Swimming with Mariellamariella poolFun at the park with the Coats girlsplay1 play2 Emmaline wasn’t sure who was pushing her!play3 play4 play5 HG was DYING to hold Emmaline. DYING.play6

I overheard Helen Grace singing a newly created song the other day, and I teared up as I realized what the lyrics were. When she tells me she can’t do something, I always respond that she can do anything she wants to do. It makes me so happy that apparently that mantra is sinking in…

John, HG, and I went shopping together recently for some new clothes for me, and Helen Grace spent a lot of time in the dressing room with me, “helping” me try on clothes. I knew I had gone overboard when she started pulling the straps or hem up or down on her dress and asking me, “How do I look?” While John checked out, she and I sat down on a bench near the shoes, and she said to me, “Whoo, I am WORN OUT!” Lol!

Our cats chase each other a lot, and while I was getting ready this morning, I heard the familiar “crazy cat” tear through the house. Helen Grace immediately went to see what all the fuss was about, and I heard her scolding MoMo, saying, “That’s not very nice to your brother!” I couldn’t see her, but I’m sure she was wagging her finger at him too. ;)

No comments: