Saturday, August 11, 2012

Comfortable

The common theme from my random assortment of pics from the week seem to be that my girl likes to make herself comfortable!

John was out of town for three days this week, so this is what our bed looked like while Daddy was away. Princesses and monkeys take up and awful lot of room.IMG_2471I told HG to take a pic of herself to send to Daddy, and that started a picture flood of her funny faces. {I thought this phenomenon didn’t start until teenage years?} But she captured that face that she gives to me when she’s put out (that she inherited from me).face And this is what I woke up to one morning. She slept almost an hour longer than I did. Go figure. I guess that’s what happens when you completely miss your nap at school. I’ll take the opportunity to stare at her any day.sleeping-editedMaking herself comfortable at Spiffer’s. She’s become attached to these tennis shoes and wants to put them on as soon as her feet touch the ground in the morning.comfortable at spiffers Spiffer, HG, and I had a girls’ lunch at Newk’s and then dessert at Gracie Bleu {shocker}. It’s obviously her home away from home.comfortable at GBOne of the best things about grandparents- they do things for you that your parents say no to doing…and even let Rebel come along for a ride. {shaking my head}pull1 pull2pull3 She came along with me for a pedi on Friay, and she was a perfect angel again. She played with her baby doll, the curtain, and a rolling chair. Her endless imagination came in handy.pedi Bought her some legos and hopefully are fostering a love of engineering like her Granddaddy.legos A typical Friday night in our house. We’re so glad Daddy is home! This time, we were watching The Lorax. Love the variety of sized feet here. Like Goldilocks. :)friday night

Some funny things out of the mouth of my babe lately…

Getting her out of my car at Grandma’s, she told me, “I pray for you, Mama.” I must have been looking pretty weary that day!

One night she woke up in the wee hours of the morning and was chatty cathy. “Mama, how do princesses sleep with their crowns on?”

We were trying to get in the car at Bubba’s, and a horse fly was chasing us. I finally gave up running from it, threw her in her car seat, slammed the door, jumped in the front passenger seat, leaned back to her to strap her in, and BANGED my head on the DVD screen. HG laughed and said, “Mama, you’re having a hard time!”

Often, when she walks in our house (regardless of how long she’s been gone), she’ll say, “It’s so good to be home!”

I hear “Mommy, you are silly, silly, silly!” or “Silly billy!” at least five times a day.

She’s still asking “Where’s God?” During prayers the other night, she said, “Maybe He’s helping people. Look, my boo boo is gone. Maybe God healed it.” She gets what He does, but she is still figuring out *where* he is. “Upstairs?”

When she wakes up from a nap or sometimes in the morning, if she’s cranky, she’ll often start whining, “I don’t wanna take a nap!”

She told Spiffer and me the other day, “It’s kinda boring.” Guess we weren’t entertaining her enough!

She’s picked up yodeling. Spiffer’s been trying to fine tune it though because at first it came out like “Old lady, old lady whooo!” That didn’t go over well with Spiffer! ;)

No comments: