Tuesday, August 14, 2012

All Smiley Faces

Tuesday was another great school day, and Helen Grace got all smiley faces! I am so relieved. We’ve talked a lot about her class being a team (like dance class) and how she needs to be a good part of that team by minding her teacher and participating in the group activities. She said she had no idea what she ate for lunch and is yet to tell me anything that she learned or talked about in class. I’m dying to know what Mrs. Maureen is teaching them- I know HG’s soaking it all in but just won’t talk about it. That is driving this Type-A-Mama crazy. She must have sat on the potty again because she wanted to sit on it at Grandma’s and did go a little. I can tell school is helping because she’s asking to wipe herself when I change her diaper and she’ll tell me when she has to go (although she won’t sit on the potty at home). Praise the Lord for progress!! We are still working on getting the nap down pat. Grandma got there around 1:30 hoping to catch her before she dozed off so she could nap at home, but she had been asleep just a few minutes…and of course, she didn’t go back to sleep. After one of her worst fits ever tonight at bedtime, I think Grandma and I are both on the same page that we’ll just let her take what nap she gets until 2:00 and be grateful for it. WHEW. The only upside to fits like that is that when she finally calms down, she apologizes like crazy and gives me kisses and cuddles. Here’s to more progress with potty and naps but thankful for a kind and helpful little girl that minds {her teacher at least}!

Ready for school!IMG_1043 Her name at her seat at the table, shared with Tayler from the MWF classIMG_1045 Mrs. Maureen from Long IslandIMG_1047 Peggy with Miss Hannah, the assistant teacherIMG_1048

No comments: