Saturday, August 4, 2012

A Tea Party Fit for a Princess

Last Sunday afternoon, we celebrated our friend Sallie Key’s fourth birthday in the only way fit for a princess- with a tea party, complete with crowns and cupcakes! It started at 2:00 at Lady Bugg Bakery in Hernando (highly recommend it!), and as I expected, Helen Grace conked out on the way. She knew where we were going though and promised it’d just be a cat nap (“just a tiny bit”), but when we arrived, I was able to get her completely out of her car seat and inside for 30 minutes while she snored. We tried everything, but even the smell of fresh cupcakes out of the oven couldn’t wake her up. So I decided to call it a day, got some cupcakes to go, and headed to the car. Once we stepped outside, she started stirring and crying, “I don’t wanna miss the birthday party, Mama!!” So back inside we went! She finally woke up and was able to make herself a crown, enjoy some sugar cookies, and stir quite a few sugar cubes into some fruit tea (which she fed to me). She ended up having such a fun time, and I am so glad she finally woke up to enjoy the princess tea party!

Happy birthday, Sallie Key!

tea1tea3 tea2

She dozed off on my lap one night this week- a special treat for baby girl- and this little hand on mine was Mama’s special treat.hands

No comments: