Sunday, July 8, 2012

Toohig Tidbits

I serve on the board for Girls Inc. of Memphis, and I left her with Granddaddy and Spiffer recently while I went to their Celebration Luncheon. I was trying to explain to her that it was a fundraiser for girls to give them a little extra support and encouragement. She said, “They only have one money?” Then she walked over to the table, grabbed a quarter, handed it to me, and said, “Well, take this to them, Mama.”

I asked her, “What are you doing, HG?” “Just being crazy, Mama!”

One night, she left the tops off of some markers. In the morning, when she found them, she said, “No way to put more juice in it? I died it?!”

One morning in an effort to get her out the door and to Grandma’s, I gave her a horsey back ride to the car. When we got there, she pretended to give me a carrot and told me, “Good job, horsey!” I acted like I was panting and then said, “Wait, do horses pant?” She responded, “Yes, they have tongues. They graze too. Like cows.”

I overheard her talking to her toys the other day… “Boys! Be quiet when I’m talking to that lady, ok?…Are you listening to me? Ok, good…Boys! Do I need to tell you again?!”

I said to her, “Can I just eat you up?” She said, “No, I made out of skin!!”

She appeared in our doorway one night at midnight. “Sorry I come to your room, Mommy. I just want to visit.”

I’ve been trying to say “OMG” instead of “Oh my goodness.” Apparently, she still understands what it means and applies it regularly as she’s started spitting out “OMG” at all the right (and embarrassing) moments.

After the Sleeping Beauty show the other night, she kissed the picture of Aurora on the program and exclaimed, “Mama, she didn’t wake up!?!”

We have some kids’ body wash in our shower that is shaped like roll on deodorant. As we took a shower the other night, she put it under her arms and kept saying she was putting on ‘yogurt’ like Daddy. Took me a minute to realize she was saying ‘deodorant’!

As we sat the kitchen table today, she told me that there was a big fairy up in the clouds outside that makes you a wish from Jesus.

And when she went to mass with Grandma and Peggy last night, she kept hearing Jesus mentioned. Halfway through mass, she turned to Grandma and said, “So where is Jesus anyway, Grandma?”

smiles This is what you call ‘crashing.’crashing We tried Three Guys Pizza in Southaven recently, and HG loved it. She dressed her own pizza, learned to throw the dough, and played endless free video games. I think we’ll be regulars soon here!pizza

No comments: