Saturday, July 28, 2012

Hodge Podge

Please bear with me through this potpourri post- I can’t seem to gather enough brain power to put together a common theme. Enjoy my stream of consciousness!

Helen Grace loves to pretend, and playing doctor is one of her favorite games. Here she is doctoring on Spiffer’s baby doll and making her list.2012-07-05 09.20.51 2012-07-05 09.23.54

She loves picking baby tomatoes from Teddy’s garden, and she’ll pop them in her mouth right off the plant. She obviously didn’t get that trait from her mama! She’s showing her Mississippi roots.tomatoestomatoes2

This mama enjoyed a moms’ night out recently with my Hope moms’ group. Jen pointed out that we are about to celebrate our third anniversary together. I credit any sanity that I might have to this wonderful group of true friends.

Jennifer, me, Ashley, Amy, Emily, Doty, Jessica, Laurenmoms

I had this sweet sleeping beauty in my bed the other night. Btw, this has become her favorite dress, and she insists on wearing it whenever it’s clean. Don’t be surprised when you see it in the next picture below.sleeping beauty

Since I’ve been letting her bangs grow out, I have neglected her poor hair, so I brought her along with me to get a haircut this week. She wasn’t happy about it, but after she watched Miss Danielle cover my hair with purple paint, she loosened up and eventually agreed to sit on my lap. P1020788

After dance this week, we headed to Byhalia to enjoy lunch with Mere Mere and Bubba. We love having Meredith so close that we can see her often, and HG sure does love her Mere Mere. And HG insisted on wearing her tutu so that she could show them. :)bubba1 bubba2

She loves to tell you, step by step, how things should be done. It could be how to do a dance she’s making up, how to do an every day task, or like in the video below, how to make a work of art out of sand.

Helen Grace has started crossing her arms, which is hilarious because you can see her concentrating trying to figure out how to do it each time. She also has picked up my ‘Uggghhh’ grunt when she gets mad. Poor girl. It was one of those ‘ah ha’ moments for me…when you hear something from your child that resonates with you from within your own head. She also scrunches up her mouth when she’s being sassy at me. Again, a face that I instantly recognized. Still trying to capture that one on camera! I am hearing more of that annoyed “M-oooommm” whine lately. It just makes me laugh!

She told me the other day that Spiffer had no more boo boo on her arm because her magic kisses had healed them.

She was walking along a brick wall with Spiffer, and Spiffer started singing, “Here she comes, Miss America!” HG turned to her and said, quite emphatically, “No, Spiffer, I’m not Miss America, I’m IN America!”

Before we go into dance or some other social situation, she’s started telling me, “I’m gonna be somebody’s friend.”

She loves to weigh and measure herself and wants to hear that she’s bigger or taller. She’ll yell, “I growed! I growed!”

We’re starting to hear some sarcasm. We were discussing what kind of classes she wanted to take in the fall, and I told her I thought she’d like soccer. She responded, “Well, yeah!” Ok, little missy!

We walked into Newk’s one night, and she said, “Look, Mommy, no more stripes!” They had reupholstered the bench by the front door. Ummm, think we go there too often? Or John blames it on the OCD she inherited from me. I’m sticking with my story.

After she put on some chapstick recently, I told her she looked so pretty but then caught myself and added, “But you are perfect just the way you are- chapstick or not.” Since then, she’s been trying to repeat that sentiment and will tell me, “Mommy, I love you just the what you are.” Gotta love that sweet little girl!

No comments: