Sunday, July 8, 2012

Architect

One night last week, John noticed that a new house was going up in our neighborhood, so we set out after dinner to check it out.

As a child, I spent most of my Sundays riding around with my parents and walking through houses under construction, and I drew countless floor plans and built them out of shoe boxes. I nearly went to MSU for architecture, but I chickened out when I saw the cots in the architecture school and heard how they watched the football games from the  roof of the building.

But it seems that the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. Helen Grace LOVED walking through the new house. She would run from room to room, trying to guess what room it was, and she loved standing in the spots for the fireplace and bathtub and imagining them. As we walked back home, she kept saying how she wanted to be an ‘architect’ and build ‘construction sites’ and any structure we passed. She’s still talking about it and wants to walk down there to check out the progress, and I’d love for her fire for this to continue!

ducks

architect1architect2 architect3

No comments: