Sunday, May 6, 2012

Weekend

We started out our Saturday with a jumpy party for our friend, Griffin, who turned five. Helen Grace says he’s a big boy because that’s a lot. :) John went with us, and I might never go to a birthday party alone again- he was such a help! Halfway through the jumping, she said she wanted to go home. What?! She was ready for food and wanted it RIGHT THEN. So we pulled out my phone and started a movie which kept her and a few other little girls entertained until the pizza arrived. Once she shoveled down the pizza, she wanted CAKE. She was chomping at the bit for it- pretty pitiful.

Being shy for some reasongriffins party griffins party1 She spotted the cake!griffins party2

After the party, we treated ourselves to Gracie Bleu and then headed home for a nap. Late afternoon, we dropped baby girl off at Grandma’s for a spend the night party while John and I celebrated our sixth anniversary. {See the next blog for more on that!}

daddy GB

This is how we found her this morning around noon. She woke up at 4:30 and then fell asleep on a walk around the block with Grandma around 10:30. She took a good long nap, and when she finally got up, we headed to Dillard’s to return something. Of course, I got sucked into the shoe department, and wouldn’t you know, HG has a great career as a shoe sales person in front her. “Mama, you like this one?” as she’d pick up a shoe to show me. “Too big?” She cracked me up and stayed right by my side the whole time, helping me try on every pair of shoes. I see many happy shopping trips in our future. :)

grandmasshoe shoppingshoe shopping1

She didn’t take another nap in the afternoon, and we had a family dinner at where else but Newk’s and Gracie Bleu. She started doing her crazy talk on the way home a little after 7:00, and we knew it wouldn’t be long. When we got home, she didn’t want to get out of the car. I gave her a few minutes and then picked her up, kicking and screaming, and took her in the house. She threw a world class fit as she trying to get out the door, and to keep from loosing it myself, I got out my phone to film it. As John says, this will be great for her rehearsal dinner! She finally cried it all out, came to me and apologized, and then climbed on my lap. She cuddled up with her blanket, drank her cup of milk, and drifted off to sleep. Whew!

passed out

No comments: