Sunday, April 1, 2012

Toohig Tidbits

One night last week, I went upstairs to check on Helen Grace after bedtime. The girl had gotten out of bed to grab a soccer ball, brought it back to bed, and was snuggled up with it. Her daddy was so proud!

Mommy: “You woke up stuffy, didn’t you?”

HG: “That stuff from the trees. What’s it called again?”

Mommy: “Pollen.”

HG: “Yeah, that’s what makes me stuffy.”

Whenever one of my favorite songs comes on the radio or on a movie, she says, “Mommy, you love this song!”

She’s sleeping MUCH better now, and in the last week or two, she hasn’t even gotten up out of bed after I put her down. She might wake up once during the night, but it’s usually around 5 and she’ll go back down easily. We’ve rewarded her by letting her sleep with us on Friday nights. Once when she was in our bed, she stirred in the early morning hours, reached for my hand, and murmured, “Hold hands.” Awwwww!

As soon as we pull into the bank parking lot, she starts requesting suckers. She continues to ask while we are waiting on our transaction to be completed, which is really embarrassing at times. Recently, the teller must have felt especially generous and gave us TWO suckers. I thought she’d be ecstatic- one for each hand, right?- but my polite little girl handed one back to me and said, “This is for you, Mommy!”

No wonder I can’t keep her in clothes that fit.growth Saturday morning creativitypaintingCrazy girl playing peekabo at lunchunder tableShe asked me to show her how to sweep and then responded, “This is hard, Mommy.”broom

No comments: