Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Will You Be My Valentine?

We began and ended Valentine’s Day 2012 on really sweet, cuddly moments. This morning, after her morning cuddle and milk in our bed, she finally got curious enough about her gifts to dig in. She loved the Disney princess book that I recorded for her, and I loved watching her face as she realized it was Mommy’s voice! Spiffer and Granddaddy had a bag of treats waiting on her too, full of stickers, notepads, candy, and a BIG monkey. She was having so much fun that I had to bribe her with M&Ms just to get dressed and out the door to Grandma’s!

John and I met for lunch at Panera across the street from our offices, which was a nice treat in an otherwise hectic work day, and then we met our parents, Bubba, and HG at McAlister’s for a family dinner.

Helen Grace and John surprised me with beautiful flowers- how sweet! And HG even made me a Valentine (with Grandma’s help). Of all things, THAT was what I really wanted. I’ll treasure it always. We enjoyed dinner together, catching up and sharing chocolate candies, and HG had a ball handing out the Valentine cards and picture frames that she made for her grandparents.

We came home to cuddle on the couch before bedtime. My sweet little girl wrapped herself in my arms and legs and wouldn’t let go of me. I’m telling you, God made that child JUST FOR ME. Couldn’t ask for more.

“That’s Beauty (Belle)!”valentine am2 “That’s Mommy’s voice!”valentine am3 Opening Spiffer and Granddaddy’s treatsvalentine amP1010880 P1010881hugs for bubba hugs for spiffer valentine My cup runneth overvalentine cuddle

No comments: