Sunday, February 12, 2012

Sunday Sit Down

Things heard around our house this week…

  • “I not a baby anymore, Mommy.”
  • “Look at my red lips, Mama. Red lips like Bubba’s!”
  • “I’m a big girl. I didn’t call Mommy all night.” (which she did once, but it’s cute that she’s proud of herself, thinking she slept all night)
  • “1, 2, 3, BOO!” (she now let’s us know before she scares us)
  • “Prayers!” (as I put her down for a nap and sat up to leave, she insisted on prayers just like at bedtime)

Friday night, we met the Hudsons for dinner at Soul Fish- yumm! And we really enjoyed the company as well. :)

John, HG, John, Willhudsons

While she mostly declares herself a big girl these days, she has her moments when she wants to be carried like a baby. I gladly oblige.nemo

We met Christy for lunch at McAlister’s on Saturday, where we were pleased to find that the balloon lady was there for the kiddos! Helen Grace didn’t quite know what to expect but watched in amazement. She decided on a butterfly, which has gone everywhere with us all weekend.mcalisters balloon butterflyballoon butterfly2We love CMag!!! She was at the hospital the night HG was born!cmag 

Sunday morning, I went down to Oxford to help initiate 123 new Delta Gammas. Can you believe that number?! I think we had 55 in my pledge class in 1998. Wow. As I do every year, I challenged them to make the most of their Delta Gamma experience. The road has been paved by generations of legendary women, and now it’s their turn to make their mark on Alpha Psi and Delta Gamma. I look forward to watching the godly, ‘hopeful’ women they become! And of course, I pray that my little legacy will decide that’s the road she’d like to take as well.

No comments: