Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Weekend Wrap Up

Some pics and stories from our weekend…

We visited baby Paxton Orr and his mommy Christy (and aunt Misty) last Friday.paxton Then we met Granddaddy and Bubba for lunch at McAlisters. Hugs for Bubba.hugs for bubba I can’t get enough of those sweet cheeks.sleeping angel  Just up from a nap and super sweet and happy. Where did my baby go???big girl“I’ll take the whole bar of choc. Thanks.”chocWe struck out on Sunday to get some Christmas shopping done and stopped for lunch at Panera. Hugs with a mouthful of food.panera Daddy’s biggest fandaddy's biggest fan

I got her a children’s book that plays the tune of Silent Night and tells the story of the nativity. Friday afternoon, she wanted to read it, so I had just sung through it with her. A few minutes later, I found her making up her own words…primarily, “Baby Jesus, go to sleeeeeep.”  So freaking cute.

She saw the Huggies box and said, “Mommy, that’s my name!” (She saw the H at the beginning.) Then, she pointed to the S on the end and said, “Mommy, it has YOUR name too!”

She pointed out the window as we were driving to two crossed jet trails in the sky- “An X, Mommy!!”

We met Ann Maxwell, Emmaline, and Mrs. Emily for a Gracie Bleu date, and as we were driving home, I told HG that Mrs. Emily and I went to college together. “You went to Ole Miss together, Mommy?” Well, yes, child, we did. When I asked her what team we cheered for, she responded, “The Rebels.”

She’s started saying, “Something’s wrong here,” when she notices that something’s not right.

We took the long way home through our neighborhood to check out the Christmas lights. One yard got her so excited that she started yelling, “Merry Christmas, Mommy! Merry Christmas!”

It’s so hard to teach a two year old about the nativity and the true meaning of Christmas, but I sure am trying. When we were at the Enchanted Forest, she ran over to a nativity scene, pointed to the manger, and said, “Look! Baby Jesus!” I’m glad she’s getting at least a little of this!

No comments: