Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Santa’s on His Way

This morning, Helen Grace asked to wear something with Santa, so that’s just what we did! She got ‘Ho Ho Ho’ed at everywhere we went, and she’d respond with a cheery, “Merry Christmas!” When you ask her what Santa is bringing her, it’s still, “A toy that talks.” At least she knows what she wants! We met Bubba and her friend, Mrs. Dilma, for a shopping trip to Hobby Lobby and then lunch. Bubba had so much fun walking around the store with HG, hand in hand, and telling everyone she met that this was her great-granddaughter. At lunch, Helen Grace almost fell asleep in my lap, and no sooner had we turned onto Poplar as we left lunch had she conked out. {I have been getting her to bed about 30 minutes earlier this past week, and I’m waiting on that to kick in and keep her awake in the mornings. Maybe it’s a growth spurt??}

Also, the last few days, she’s put aside her homebody ways and asks constantly to go ‘out,’ ‘to the stores.’ This afternoon, to satisfy her requests, we ran to our country vet to get some meds for the kitties and to the grocery store. I never cease to be amazed at the coolness of our vet’s office/compound, and HG’s mouth hangs open most of the time with all the animals she sees and hears. Today, we saw a monkey, cows, goats, horses, chickens, and guineas.

And to get Christmas off to an official start, John and I bought ourselves a new fridge for our gift to each other this year, and it arrived tonight with the help of Teddy, Gabe, and Granddaddy. Oh, the things that excite me these days!! I can’t help it- it’s HUGE and beautiful!

CIMG0362 Chasing kittiesCIMG0363 Her response to my saying, “Show me your Santa!”CIMG0364 CIMG0366 Shopping with BubbaCIMG0368Moooooooooo!CIMG0369

No comments: