Friday, December 30, 2011

Oh, No She Didn’t!

Tuesday was another lazy day for HG and me, but John went on into work. Late in the morning, I headed for the shower. HG was content to play with her new toys and watch her cartoons at first, but soon, she came knocking on my shower door, wanting to get in. She had just had a bath the night before, so I put her off. She was obviously not happy with my response. When I got out of the shower, she was standing at the columns around our bathtub with a green bath crayon in hand. {Brandy had given her Barbie dolls for the tub with bath crayons, and we had tried them out the night before.} When she heard me scream, she immediately burst into tears and realized she had done something wrong. She was NOT happy when I put a washcloth in her hand and put her to work scrubbing the columns. BIG crocodile tears. At one point while I was taking pics and texting them to her daddy, she turned to me and said, “You bad. You teasing me.” She thought I was laughing at her. I assured her that I was NOT laughing. Later, after she had made good progress (and I helped a little bit), she said, “Shew! This is real hard!” I think we have now effectively driven home the lesson that bath crayons are only to be used in the bathtub, and the stupid crayons have now been hidden away from little hands.bath crayons1 bath crayons2

No comments: