Monday, December 26, 2011

Getting Ready for Christmas

We’ve had a busy week as we prepared for Cwiss-mas (aka Christmas). Helen Grace (and now John- lovely) has caught my head cold, so she’s been pretty pitiful and cranky. We’ve done the best we could to start our own traditions and get our holiday honey-do list done with what interest/energy/cooperation she gave us. For example, I searched and searched for an old school Advent calendar like I had as a child- the felt kind with pockets that you take out an ornament each day and hang it on the big tree at the top. I finally found one online, but in true toddler fashion, Helen Grace showed no interest in hanging one ornament a day and insisted on taking out all of the ornaments at once and putting them all on the tree or hiding them- it is her ‘game’…maybe next year!

She helped me make peppermint bark and loved smashing the peppermints!peppermintpeppermint w daddy 

And also a chocolate chip cheese ball… “Wanna taste?”wanna tasteShe’s been lining things up all over the place.ocd And more…ocd-2 She has had to be in my lap or attached to my leg all weekend. This is what happens when she only gets one hour naps.nap She helped Granddaddy wrap presents.wrapping with gd wrapping with gd2

She is combining the line from the book, “Black bear, black bear, what do you see?” with the nursery rhyme “Ba Ba Black Sheep.”

And the cutest little ‘Merry Christmas’ wish from the cutest little girl (albeit snotty)! I listen to this over and over and over.

No comments: