Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Thanksgiving: Byhalia Style

On Sunday, we gave thanks with almost all of the Moore family at Bubba’s house. Everyone one was able to make it except for Amy and her family, but we are looking forward to celebrating Selena Kate’s first birthday together in January.

Ryves and Meredith brought their significant others, although this was Mary Chris’ second Thanksgiving with us. It seems that the boy cousins went easy on our guests. After the relentless teasing that John underwent when we were dating, I am shocked that they were nice! They only dragged out one old picture of all of us cousins as kids. :)

While Helen Grace threw a major fit right before everyone got there, she pulled herself together and flipped that toddler switch just in time for the crowd to arrive. She was the perfect angel, cheesing for pictures and giving everyone hugs. I’m not sure how she made that transformation, but I sure am thankful she did!

And for the record, William and Ryves are STILL picking on me about the runny sweet potatoes I made for Thanksgiving dinner over five years ago. This year, we bought the sweet potato casserole at Holiday Ham, but they were still laughing about how my first attempt as a married woman at my mom’s famous dish ran all over their plates. Geez, give a girl a break!

The eternal kids’ table…as much as we pick on each other, I am very very thankful to have grown up with my cousins and look forward to growing old with them.P1010781 Taking her baby to Uncle Doctor Roddr rod P1020840 She found a little bitty pitcher that had 25-year old playdough stuck in it. William worked tirelessly for at least 15 minutes until he finally chiseled it out with an ice pick (after this tooth pick failed him). Hilarious!P1020843 william P1020848 Hate that she has her finger in her nose, but I have to document that she was actually willing to let William hold her for a second.P1020849 P1020850 P1020854 P1020857 Quite the fashionista….the couch’s armcover makes a great shawl.P1020861 sharon spif and gdaddy CousinsP1020863 This is such a typical picture of our life…William laughing hysterically at me. Why does this always seem to happen? This time it was because my hair got stuck in the crepe myrtle.P1020864 P1020869 Trying to fit in in Byhalia…she’s climbing on Calvin’s tailgate. :)P1020873

No comments: