Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Cousin Birthday Fun

On Friday, we made a quick trip to Jackson to celebrate Cam and Hastings’ birthdays. Since we had quite the crew for this trip (my parents went with us, and John was off work too), we took Grandma’s minivan. I know that one is inevitably in my future, and although I’m still fighting it pretty hard, there are definitely some BIG perks to driving a minivan!

As usual, Helen Grace was in hog heaven with Hayes, Hastings, and Grace Ann and followed them around like a little puppy. I only had one *minor* mommy meltdown- Helen Grace came downstairs from the playroom for some reason, and I just happened to notice her hands—COVERED in marker ink!!! I mean, it looked like she had decided to draw ON her hands than with them. I panicked because we were at Cam’s parents’ house which is very nice and neat, and HG had just walked down a long stairway with white walls and white carpet. I was SURE that she couldn’t have done all that without leaving a trail, but THANKFULLY, she hadn’t touched anything on her way downstairs. She was not happy to have me (and John and Suzanne) hold her over the sink and scrub her down, but we eventually got the majority of the damage off of her hands and shirt. Whew! That is exactly why markers do not exist in our house- at least for right now!

HG has figured out how to use my camera, and she is obsessed. She has actually gotten pretty good at the aim and captured these glorious ones from the backseat of us driving the stylin’ minivan.CIMG9795 CIMG9796 BEFORE the marker incidentCIMG9804 TROUBLE! (and never a moment of silence)CIMG9805 One of the birthday girls- Hastings turned five.CIMG9808 Grace Ann, Hastings, and HayesCIMG9809 CIMG9810 Bubbles never get old!CIMG9816CIMG9819 CIMG9820 CIMG9821 CIMG9824CIMG9832 CIMG9833Teaching them “I Like to Jump” (school song)CIMG9835 “Hosanna” (another school song)CIMG9837 P1010795 The girl always seems to end up with my banana milkshake.CIMG9864Proof in point- Same drive home along I-55, same drink of choice- October 2010CIMG6501 

Thanks for letting us celebrate with you, Cam and Hastings, and happy birthday!!!

No comments: