Saturday, October 1, 2011

Second Haircut

Helen Grace’s hair has been hanging down in her eyes for weeks, but I hadn’t had the nerve to go close to a hairdresser’s with her. I finally gave up and made an appointment with Mrs. Jeanna, and she came in a little early on Friday morning so that the salon would nice and quiet. On the way there, Helen Grace told me she did not want to get her hair cut and wasn’t happy to get out of the car.  But we immediately found her a sucker, and she sat on my lap, refusing the cape, and faced me. We put on some Barney, and Mrs. Jeanna started trimming. HG wasn’t thrilled but didn’t show out at all, and she warmed up to it as we went. Spiffer soon showed up for her appointment, so HG was excited to see her. By the end, she even let Mrs. Jeanna use the curling iron on the ends of her hair since we had combed the curls out of it. (While it does look like the curls are gone in these pics, don’t fret. They came right back after a bath.)

Some back story about the picture with HG, Spiffer, and the sucker. Spiffer was playing at our house on Wednesday afternoon, and when it was time to meet Granddaddy for dinner, HG fussed that she wanted Spiffer to ride with us and Spiffer immediately hopped in her car. As I was buckling in HG, I told my mom what a sucker she was. Helen Grace heard me and said, “I wanna sucker!!” HA! So after her haircut, I texted this picture to my parents, and my dad responded with the caption, “HG and her suckers.”

Also, as we were getting in the car leaving the salon, Spiffer realized she had forgotten to give us something and came running out to us in her cape with stuff all over her hair (you know she’s head over heels about HG when she goes out in public like that!). HG said, “Spiffer, need brush your hair. It crazy! Crazy!

haircut haircut1 haircut5 haircut2 haircut3 haircut4

No comments: