Wednesday, October 19, 2011

An Ice Cream Problem

My child has an ice cream (frozen yogurt) problem. She is so addicted to it that she asks for Gracie Bleu by name on a daily (sometimes hourly) basis. And she says it’s ‘licious.’ A girl after my own heart! We went to Holiday Ham for lunch today and had to make due with YoLo since we weren’t close to a Gracie Bleu…

Helen Grace calls Chick-fil-A, ‘Play-fil-A.’ She obviously likes the playground more than the chicken!

Helen Grace has had a cold, and when she was coughing, I asked her what was in her throat. She responded, “A frog.”

When she was snuggling up next to me on the couch the other night, she looked up at me and said, “Thank you, Mommy,” and leaned over and gave me two kisses.

My mom was keeping her last week when I was at work, and I called at lunch to check in with them. My mom handed HG the phone, and she said, “Hi, Mommy. I miss you.”

We have entered the stage when she will say, “I need Daddy,” when she doesn’t like the answer I have for her. I had no idea that would start so soon.

When you ask her why she’s doing something, more than likely her first response will be, “Because.” What?!

No comments: