Saturday, October 1, 2011

Easy, Breezy Saturday

What beautiful weather we’ve had these last few days! It’s been cool in the mornings and evenings with sunny, breezy afternoons. Today, HG and I ran some errands, stopped by Olive Branch Bakery for a little snack to keep us going, played with her scooter in the driveway, ate lunch out on the playset, and finally took a good nap. For the first time today, when HG woke up from her nap, she didn’t make a peep but walked out of her room, down the hall, and into her daddy’s office. Whoa!

CIMG9442 oct 1 2011-1 oct 1 2011

We were running some errands today, and as we left a store, Helen Grace refused to hold my hand in the parking lot (which she normally does so well). Since she wouldn’t grab my hand, I squeezed hers and pulled her along. Once in her car seat, she was whining but eventually said, “Mommy! I happy! I stop crying!” I asked her, “That’s right! And did you learn a lesson?” To my surprise, she responded, “Hold your hand.” AMEN!

While I’m not always pleased with some things that Helen Grace repeats from me, one I heard the other day really melted my heart. We were laying in bed, and she told me that we were pretending she was the mommy and I was the baby. I started ‘crying,’ and as she comforted me and patted me, she softly cooed, “I here. I here, baby.” Glad to know that she’s comforted by her mommy.

HG and I were playing at the gazebo down the street the other day, and she wanted me to clap for her as she danced. It wasn’t enough for me to clap one-handed on my lap while I videoed- I needed to clap with both my hands. Oh, and then we had to watch Tricia, Emily, and ‘Tosha’ dance (all of whom were imaginary). By the way, when she makes up an imaginary friend’s name, 95% of the time, it’ll be Tosha….where did that come from??

Since she was such a big girl getting her hair cut, we went to Wal-Mart to buy her a scooter. Needless to say, we’ve spent most of the weekend in our driveway. While I was videoing, she started dancing on her scooter and I didn’t understand why until I just watched the video back. I said to her, “Look at that tongue wagging!,” and I think she must have heard ‘Look at that TAIL wagging’ and started shaking her tail. She’s such a mess!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

That is such a sweet story, about her being the mommy and comforting you! And does she watch the Backyardigans? Seems like one of them is named Tasha?