Saturday, September 3, 2011

Sleeping Beauty

sleeping beauties

bedtime snuggle

Other than sleeping, here are some funny things Helen Grace has been up to…

Don’t always believe what HG tells you. I got a call at work from Grandma the other day, asking me how I felt. I told her I was feeling fine…and why did she ask? Helen Grace had told her that Mommy was sick, had to go to the doctor and get a shot, and was in bed ALLLLL day!  (Two nights before, we had looked at a pic on a friend’s blog of a baby with bandaids on her thighs after shots, so I’m guessing that’s what she was pulling from.)

During our morning cuddle on the couch, Helen Grace was sitting in my lap with her legs crossed, sort of Indian style. She says holds up her legs and says, “Look, Mommy! X!”

While she hasn’t spent a ton of time in the corner lately, her daddy sure has! She likes to put him there pretty much on a nightly basis. Bad Daddy!

Hibachi wasn’t such a good idea. I thought she would think the action was cool, but at the first big burst of fire, she burst into tears and was attached to me like super glue. I had to take her outside to calm down, and I got her back in for a minute or two and then we were right back outside. Luckily, Spiffer and Granddaddy were with us, so one of us hung out outside with her while the rest of us ate.

She still doesn’t consistently act interested in the potty, although she’ll go on it every now and then (more often at Grandma’s); however, tonight at bedtime, I offered to let her put on her big girl panties over her diapers, and she was GIDDY! She did a happy dance on her bed for the longest time. Maybe her excitement will carry over to wanting to keep them dry and wearing them without her diaper!

Peggy will ask her, “Where’s that beautiful face I love?,” and no matter her mood at the moment, this is the response she gets…

CIMG9218 CIMG9219 

Things she’s saying a lot…

  • “Are you happy? I happy!”
  • “I hold you.”  (when she wants to be held)
  • “Help-y me!”
  • “I hide.”  She wants one of us to get under the covers or behind something with her while she hollers for the other one to come find her. Meanwhile, she’s madly shhhh-ing whoever’s hiding with her and telling you, “Be quiet!”
  • “Surprise!!”  She loves to make you close your eyes and then yell, “Surprise!” For an early birthday gift, my parents helped me furnish my office (or sewing room) with a bookshelf, chair, and lamp. They kept HG for us on Thursday and put it all together while I was at work. When I got home, she was SO excited to show me her surprise! She even made a sign with her name on it. ;)

No comments: