Sunday, September 18, 2011

Can’t Fight Sleep

On Friday, I was excited about taking Spiffer to try a cute new-to-us restaurant in Midtown, Trolley Stop Market, for lunch. Helen Grace and I had a laidback morning, picked up Spiffer, ran a few quick errands, and headed to Midtown. I heard a few yawns from the backseat but didn’t think too much about it since she usually takes a mid-afternoon nap. We made it to the restaurant and sat down at the table, and Helen Grace was kind of wandering around the table. I looked over at one point and saw Helen Grace leaning over on the chair next to me. At first I thought she was just was checking something out, but then I realized that her eyes were closed. The child had fallen asleep leaned back over a chair with one foot on the ground and one foot on the booster seat. My mom and I rushed through our meal (and delicious dessert) and got her to the car- where she promptly woke up and refused to go back to sleep?!sleeping1 sleeping2 sleeping3 sleeping4

2 comments:

Hope said...

so I almost snorted my Diet Coke this morning when I saw this! TOO HILARIOUS. Poor Baby - wasn't Trolley Stop delish though?!

Stephanie said...

That is too funny! Wish I could fall asleep like that!