Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Two Years Old

Here’s what our precious little two year old is up to…

IMG_1342 IMG_1344 IMG_1352 IMG_1357 IMG_1359 IMG_1376 IMG_1384

At our two year old check up2 yr appt

Her two year check up didn’t go as smoothly as I had planned. She was enjoying the waiting room, but the you-know-what hit the fan when we were called back to a room. She weighs 27 pounds – smack dab in the middle of her age group. To figure this out, I had to get on the scale with her and then drop her on the floor in a hysterical fit and hop back on the scale by myself. We couldn’t get a height measurement because of the  aforementioned fit, so I’m assuming she’d be on the high end. Although I had called to see if she’d have to get a shot and was told she wouldn’t, we WERE due a shot. Arrrgg. NOT a fun trip to the doctor, but some milk and Blues Clues in the car made it better.

{Update from late June:  Since she still isn’t keen on measuring tape, Grandma thought to hold a yard stick next to her when she was standing up. Bingo! She’s right at 35 inches tall, which I believe is around the 90th percentile.}

She’s talking like crazy…

  • Most everything can be described by, “cute,” “pretty,” or “yucky.”
  • Manners: “Welcome” serves as a ‘thank you’ and ‘you’re welcome’; “Peeeezze”; “Sorry”; “Bless you”; and “Scuse me”
  • “Okaaaayyyy?” (when you fall or trip, usually with a pat too)
  • “There it is!”; “I did it!”; “I see you!”; “I NEED it”; “I got you!”; “I pet”
  • Love words: “Love you!” and “I hug you” with a ‘mmmm’ while she’s squeezing you
  • Food requests: “Eat! Eat!”; “Juice, milk, juice, milk” (she can never decide which one she wants); “choc” and “coco” (cookies) are favorites
  • Funnies: “You scare me!”; “C’mon”; “Uh oh”; an ‘Oops’ that sound like “Ups”; “Oh boy”; “More”; “Yummy in tummy”
  • Endless questions: “What’s that?”; “What you doing?”; “You too?”
  • One day when my dad was entertaining her while my mom and I shopped, the store clerk kept telling her, “You are so shy!” By the end of the shopping trip, she was telling my dad, “You shy!”
  • “Ready, set, go!”
  • “Night night”

And here are some funny things she’s doing…

  • She loves playing with bubbles and chalk, painting, dancing like a ballerina, swinging, and sliding.
  • She is starting to show interest in the potty. While she has been more interested in just carrying it around, she actually tee teed in the potty twice at Grandma’s recently.
  • When she’s thinking about something, she puts her finger on her chin and says, “Hmmm.”
  • She can count to ten and knows her colors and some shapes. She probably knows half of her letters.
  • She is mimicking us like crazy. When we are climbing up into her playhouse, she’ll put her hand out to guard our head and say, “Careful!” She’ll pretend to pour water over our hair to wash out pretend shampoo, and she’ll say, “Watch your eyes.” She’s come out with, “Oh gosh!” lately too. Scary!
  • We often leave the house in nothing but a diaper these days because it’s too much of a fit to get her dressed. It’s sometimes easier to get her dressed in a parking lot than to fight at home!
  • We often go on “animal” hunts around the house- Shhhh! We have to whisper and tip toe!!
  • She has developed a really awful habit of chewing on her nails.
  • We pulled up to Sonic the other day when she wanted milk, and when she realized where we were, she started yelling, “Shake!!!” That’s pretty pitiful!
  • I’ve been laying in her big girl bed with her until she falls asleep, and I’ll lay a hand on her leg or her hip as we’re cuddling. Since she’s such a hot sleeper, I move my hand away as she is falling asleep to keep her cool, and in her grogginess, she always reaches for my hand and puts it back where I had it. Melts my heart.

Grandma makes her a ‘house’ out of curtains to help ease diaper changes. Smart lady!house at grandmas Counting a few weeks ago. For some reason, she likes to start at 4…?

Pirate HG

She requested “sketti” for dinner tonight and was quite the good little girl at Olive Garden. She entertained herself with coloring and Blue’s Clues and ate very well, so we had to document the well behaved moments. :)dinner

No comments: