Saturday, May 28, 2011

Zoo-Fabulous 2nd Birthday

On Helen Grace’s second birthday, we continued our tradition of celebrating with Mommy and Daddy at the zoo. It felt like we were in the Twilight Zone because the day was beautiful with a nice, cool breeze, we found front row parking, and there were no lines to get in or get food and no field trips. What?!?! Plus Daddy took the morning off to play with us- a day made in paradise! She discovered the playground this time, and I thought we’d never get her off of it. Promises of elephants and giraffes were the only things that could get her to move on, but after a little while and a quick lunch with the monkeys, she had to come back to play. Raindrops finally helped me get her to the car. We had an amazing day playing with our sweet little birthday girl and without a care in the world.

As I sat there next to her eating lunch, she blew me a kiss and said, “Love you, Mommy.” And it hit me like a brick wall and my eyes welled up with tears. As much as I’d love to grow our family, if we are not blessed with more children, THIS CHILD fills me completely. God knew exactly what I needed in my life and has given it to me in the form of my beautifully thoughtful and lovely-dovey daughter. I couldn’t ask for more. My cup runneth over.

CIMG8645 IMG_0909 IMG_0913IMG_0941IMG_0951 CIMG8658IMG_0975 IMG_0984 IMG_0989 IMG_0992IMG_1016 Getting ready for her first carousel ride…not too sure what to thinkIMG_1028 She was shocked when it started going up and downIMG_1041 But finally warmed up to it a little bitIMG_1047 IMG_1050 IMG_1063 IMG_1064 And was so sad to get off the rideIMG_1075 Watching the sea lion showIMG_1095CIMG8654 IMG_1106  My little monkeyphoto

No comments: