Monday, May 30, 2011

Spif’s Retirement

Last week we celebrated Spif’s retirement from DeSoto County Schools, and I was brought to tears by her teachers’ and friends’ support of and love for her. She has served in virtually every possible position, both in the schools and at the county office. She has served as a teacher, guidance counselor, assistant principal and most recently principal at Greenbrook Elementary. She worked at the county office for several years, developing the Kindergarten program for DeSoto County and working with Title I. Now that I am a mom and understand what a challenge it can be, I value even more her ability to be both a mother and a professional. She managed the balance beautifully and set a great example for me to follow. I was so grateful to see the Superintendent’s gratitude for her years of hard work, and I loved seeing all of her teacher friends from over the years there to cheer her on. We are so proud of you, Spif, and Helen Grace and I can’t wait to play with you even more now!

IMG_9533 CIMG8638 CIMG8641IMG_9501 IMG_9510 IMG_9595 IMG_9618 IMG_9623 IMG_9624 IMG_9625

1 comment:

Hope said...

such a sweet photo of the 4 of you - I know you are proud of your mama! My mama told me to tell Spif that retirement is like heaven on earth. Especially with a grandbaby to love on!