Saturday, May 7, 2011

Five Years of Wedded Life

On May 6th, John and I hit the big five year mark for our wedded life together. We celebrated a little early with dinner at Folk’s Folly (and with Dinstuhl’s chocolate covered strawberries) on Wednesday night since he would be in Chicago for CB’s bachelor weekend on our real day. (The choices were either our anniversary weekend or HG’s birthday weekend, so he clearly chose wisely.) I believe I ultimately benefitted from his being out of town because I got flowers at work on Thursday and a hand delivered (by Jeanne) anniversary card first thing on Friday morning- all kind of sweetness coming from that boy!

We have certainly had a wild ride (knee surgeries, job changes, emergency c sections, and house purchases, just to name a few), but I’ve enjoyed every minute of it and am grateful for where it’s taken us. We have a great life together, and I’m blessed to be walking through this life with John—and the beautiful little girl we created. Here’s to 50 more years of memories!

Now for a walk down memory lane…

First Official Date, Orpheum, Memphis, October 2002  (btw, while it might not look like it, I thought those pants of mine were *HOT* at the time)first date

Proposal, Byhalia, August 2005 (my dad was hiding at the window in Bubba’s room to catch this moment, while my mom was behind him fussing at him for interrupting the moment- haha!)proposal

Wedding, Southaven, May 2006wedded couple!

First Anniversary, Olive Branch, May 2007 (The cake was not all I had hoped for, but John was a good sport to go along with it.)IMG_6725

First pics as a family of THREE, Memphis, May 2009Z10M2230Z10M2231 

Almost Fifth Anniversary, Hawaii, April 2011CIMG8254

No comments: