Sunday, May 15, 2011

BBQ

This weekend has been consumed by furniture and fabric shopping (and OBHS soccer tryouts for John), and a big thanks to Granddaddy who spent the majority of his weekend chasing Helen Grace around stores! Tuesday and Wednesday will *hopefully* bring BIG progress to our new house feeling more like a home. Pics to come soon. In the meantime, here are some pics and videos from our week.

We enjoyed a fun lunch with Bubba at Chick-fil-A on Wednesday. Bubba claims this might have been her first visit there EVER. I believe Chick-fil-A now has a new fan. :)CIMG8610Our crazy little girl loves to “giddy up” like a horsey and DANCE.

This weekend was Memphis In May’s BBQ Fest, and my company sponsors a tent. The last time I made it to BBQ fest, I was nine months pregnant, and Helen Grace arrived a week later. ‘Whew!’ is all I can say! Last year, we were out of town, so this year, I was so excited to let Helen Grace experience the craziness. I took her with me to lunch on Friday, and while she was super shy at first, she warmed up finally as she scarfed down green beans and then figured out she could hop up and down the step at the back of the booth. The little things in life! She was really well behaved and loved getting pushed around the park in her stroller.photo photo1 photo2

And on a random note, as I was rocking Helen Grace and trying to put her down for a nap this afternoon, she was wide awake while I was the one who kept nodding off. I decided to try taking a nap with her in her big girl bed. After I had gotten us all settled under the covers in the big bed and was trying to convince her to close her eyes, Mocha threw a hissy fit because he was stuck on the other side of the closed door. I relented and let him in, and the cat jumped right up on top of us and went to sleep. The three of us took an almost three hour nap. I wonder if he’ll soon replace me as his snuggle buddy and chose to sleep with Helen Grace once she moves to her big girl bed. Mama might really be able to get some quality sleep then!

No comments: