Sunday, March 13, 2011

Honk, Honk!

“Honk, Honk!” is the title of this post for two reasons…on Friday, Helen Grace had fun playing with Granddaddy and the geese in the neighborhood, as well as playing in Mommy’s car and honking the horn. It was a beautiful day, and we enjoyed some time outside as she stalked the geese and swung from the bridge. After a nap, I thought we would head outside again, but she stopped me in the garage and just had to get in my car. She played with the blinkers, wipers, and horn, and then she found my keys. She picked them up and put them RIGHT IN THE IGINITION and turned the car on…what?! Well, then she heard Barney come on and looked around like, “Where is he?!” She soon climbed over the console, strapped herself into the middle seat belt, and kicked her feet up. I handed her some snacks, and she sat there for a good while. At least we were getting some fresh air!

P1000271 P1000277 P1000274car

On Friday night, I met some of my college besties in Oxford for some girl time, delicious food, and shopping. They kept putting me off of taking pic (they get embarrassed by my need for pics), and sure enough, they did it enough that I eventually forgot to get one- those little rascals! We had a great time though…dinner at 208, dessert at the Downtown Grill (for the last time, sniff, sniff), and then back to the hotel to get in our pjs to talk ourselves to sleep. The next morning, we started the day off right at Big Bad Breakfast (AWESOME) and then hit the square for some shopping. Rebecca will be having her third little girl, Elliott Kate, within a month, so we truly treasured our grown up, child-free girl time. I found this cute kitty cat stool in Oxford for my cute baby girl, and she has been standing on it constantly ever since.

cat stool

No comments: