Thursday, February 17, 2011

“Excuse Me”

I woke up on Monday morning to, “SHA!” on the monitor. That got me right out of bed!

This week, she cried when I left her at the nursery on Wednesday, but she stopped crying by the time I finished signing her in. When I came to get her, she was really excited to see me but wasn’t ready to leave yet. They changed her diaper for me and then I thought she’d run right over to me, but no, she was having too much fun playing!

Wednesday afternoon, we were walking through Target, and as Helen Grace passed a stranger, I heard her say (to my surprise), “Excuse me.” I thought I had hallucinated. She said it in the correct context and without prompting from me. The man looked and me and smiled, and I was such a proud mama. Maybe she really does listen to me!

Later that night, while I was getting her in her pjs, I told her that I loved her. I swear that she said, “I love you,” back to me in her own little language. I’ve repeatedly told her that I love her over the last day or so (I’m sure she thinks I’m off my rocker), and she continues to say that same phrase that sounds a lot like ‘I love you.’ I am going to pass right out when I hear that come clearly out of her mouth!

Having fun at churchCIMG7679 CIMG7680My sleeping little Valentine  CIMG7683 Baby in a boxjack in the box

For some reason, she was fascinated with the elephant sound on her laptop tonight and kept pushing the button and laughing hysterically. When she puts her hand up to her mouth, that is her version of a trunk.

And then she got tickled with her laptop’s songs and felt the need to move to the music. I could watch this over and over!

1 comment:

Hope said...

UGH! she is growing up so fast! I can't believe it- it breaks my heart. But she's such the little lady at the same time :)