Sunday, January 9, 2011

Spontaneous Sleeping Beauty

Monday night, Helen Grace and I went to Spif and Granddaddy’s for dinner…a homecooked meal…how nice! Helen Grace fell asleep on the way over there, napped for 20 minutes or so in the den, and finally joined us at the dinner table for some laughs.P1000001The Anglins had us over for dinner on Thursday night (whoo hoo for two homecooked meals in one week!). Again, Helen Grace fell asleep on the way there, and she slept for a while in Courtlyn’s bed. At last, she woke up and had fun playing with Sadie, Courtlyn, and Courtlyn’s new play puppy dog and Zhu Zhu pets. They gave her a little doctor’s kit for Christmas, and she has played with it nonstop ever since. She particularly loves the syringe and blood pressure cuff. Maybe this will make our next doctor’s appointment a little easier. ;) CIMG7237CIMG7239On Friday, we met Emily and Ann Maxwell for lunch. AGAIN, Helen Grace fell asleep on the way and slept in my lap for the first 30 minutes of our meal. (Are you noticing a common theme for our past week? No clue why she is conking out on me so much.) Once Sleeping Beauty woke up, we all really enjoyed catching up. I love watching what AM is doing/saying so that I can know what HG will be doing in a few months. We are looking forward to doing Little Gym with them this semester!CIMG7243Riding with Granddaddy on Friday…watching Barney on his Nook, of course. Again, who needs one screen with Barney when you can have TWO?! P1000004Friday night, Helen Grace went to Luigi’s in Byhalia with Bubba and my parents while John and I went to Gould’s. We apparently missed a spontaneous Moore family reunion! A ton of my cousins (across several generations) were there, including the newest addition, Miss Sadye Bell. She is named after the great-great-grandmother that she and Helen Grace share. I hate that I missed their first meeting, but I love that HG loved SB so much! I hope she didn’t squeeze her too hard and that they will be friends over the years like her mama and I have been. :)2011-01-07 18.29.522011-01-07 18.30.04

No comments: