Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Mark This Date

While I am not necessarily proud of this, I have to admit that I normally rock Helen Grace until she falls asleep and then put her in her crib. I know that is an awful habit (especially at this age), but I so enjoy the cuddle time and I feel like it saves me time in the long run by getting her soundly asleep on the first try. She took a late nap today though, so she wasn’t overly sleepy after we finished reading our books and kept tossing in my lap. So I kissed her goodnight, picked her up and laid her in bed, pulled her blanket up over her, and left the room…and although her eyes were open and she watched me leave, she was quiet as a mouse...and has been ever since. What?! That’s crazy! There’s usually always a fuss when I leave the room when she’s awake, although it can vary enormously in length. She’s probably ready for me to leave her alone already and let her get some sleep- ha! Maybe we are turning over a new leaf.

We’ve had a great day together today. We got a ton of errands accomplished and had a fun (and well behaved) lunch at McAlister’s with Bubba and Mere Mere, full of sweet tea, lemonade and hugs. We finished our day with an ice cream (“sceam”) date since she was a trooper with all the getting in and out of the car.

The Hasseltines gave HG some stacking boxes for Christmas, and she LOVES them!blocks “A little of Mama’s, a little of mine…”ice cream Ice cream is serious business.ice cream2 ice cream3 When we were changing our sheets this weekend, HG had a blast rolling around in our covers on the floor. I started tickling her, and a giggle fit ensued.

No comments: