Monday, January 10, 2011

Frosty the Snowman

Well, today was all I had hoped for- a wonderfully playful, snowy, snuggly day with my baby girl! Helen Grace was so excited about the snow this morning. She stood at the front window and kept saying, “Pretty!” I gave up trying to get her to eat some breakfast, and we headed out to play a little after 8:00. She had a blast. She stomped around the slush in the driveway at first and then headed straight for the high snow. She walked all through our yard, and then we ran into some neighbors down the street and played in their yard. They offered her a ride on their sled, but she would have nothing to do with it. After more than an hour, she was nowhere close to being ready to go in, but since we were both blocks of ice, I had to pick her up in a fit and bring her inside. We warmed up with milk and cookies, and after lunch, I tackled my first ever batch of snow cream. That was a very surreal experience but fun, and it turned out pretty good. (I added a little chocolate syrup for an extra kick.) With a full tummy, Helen Grace took a great long nap with let me get some work done. When John got home after work, we headed outside again. Helen Grace loved watching him throw snowballs up in the air and smiled like crazy as the snow fell around her. We then got to watch John, the master snowman maker, at work. I never knew there was such technique to it, but I guess four years of living in constant severe snow will teach you things like that. (He also knows how to build an igloo, by the way.) Since Christmas, Helen Grace has been obsessed with her Frosty the Snowman book, so she got really excited about the snowman and wanted to help pat the snow into place. We had such a great day and made some really fun family memories. I hope this isn’t the last snow we see for the year!

CIMG7252 CIMG7253 CIMG7261 CIMG7264 CIMG7267 CIMG7277 CIMG7279 CIMG7286 CIMG7290 CIMG7293 CIMG7297 CIMG7300

CIMG7302 CIMG7304 CIMG7307 CIMG7308CIMG7314 CIMG7317 CIMG7323 CIMG7325 CIMG7330

No comments: